[Rhodes22-list] Rubber gasket

Patrick Cheung chitakcheung at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:36:53 EDT 2018

Graham,

My boat is from 1984. I had 48 screws, I shall replace with lock nut, bolt
and washers.

I remembered reading the archive, I am not the only one with V block, he
also had the problem with leak through the screws penetrated through the
side wall.

This V block is approximately 6" from the Aft. The black marker line on the
flange is approx. 6" from the aft.

My original problem is the center board unable to be lowered. After opening
the cap, I found the control line is oversized, and it is unable to pass
through 2 of the 4 blocks happily. I shall replace with 1/4" line. The rest
of the system, blocks, center board all seems to be ok. So this should be a
easy fix. Patch the 2 holes, new paint for the trunk and the board, new
neoprene. That should do it.

patrick