[Rhodes22-list] highest comfortable wind speed

Mark Osterbrock mark.osterbrock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:20:58 EDT 2018

Steve,
The more you reef your genoa the farther forward you must move your genoa
leads. Moving the leads forward will make the sheet pull down on the clew
and the leech. This will reduce the twist at the top and pull the top of
the leech closer to the main so it will stop luffing at the top.
Whether you reef your genoa or not, if your leads are too far aft they
won't pull down on the leech, it will open up, move away from the main and
luff while the bottom of the genoa is full.
Hope this helps,
Mark