[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

Alexis Seigneurin alexis.seigneurin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:43:33 EST 2018

Hi there!

Since I bought my Rhodes in November, there’s been water in the bilge. I pumped about 2 gallons of water but it came back. Since the boat is on its trailer, this is rain water.

I read on this list that the centerboard pendant tube is a usual suspect, and it was indeed leaking. I replaced the tube and sealed it properly (clamp+silicone at the bottom, silicone at the top), and I confirmed today that this leak is gone.

When I visited the boat today, there was again about 2 gallons of water (that is since my last visit, 2 weeks ago). I found there was water underneath the 2 drawers at the back of the cabin. I removed the settee and its support to inspect a bit more: the foam that sits underneath the cockpit was wet.

I am attaching a picture of the cabin sole. You can see the wet parts on both side of the bilge.

Any ideas on where this water could be coming from?

Thanks,
Alexis

[Image]