[Rhodes22-list] Water in the cabin

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Thu Dec 27 14:57:26 EST 2018

I will be interested in following this discussion as I have a similar
problem made all the more frustrating by the fact that the leaks are
intermittent. It all comes from rain - but not always. Perhaps the leaks
only occur with heavy downpours.

I tired flooding the boat with a hose to locate the leak but, of course, it
refused to give up its secrets. I know that occasionally I get water
dripping out from between the cabin and liner below the companionway. I
thought that water might be getting in around the compass and knotlog but,
again, I could not duplicate the leak using the hose.

Finally, I get water in the lazarette but can't find the source using the
hose. The only solution that I can think of is to have my wife stay in the
closed lazarette until we have a particularly heavy rainfall. She is not
being entirely cooperative in that regard in spite of the fact that she fits
perfectly. I am too tall and my knees to rickety for this task.

Suggestion for how to trace the leaks or persuade my wife to stay in the
lazarette would be welcome.

Graham Stewart
Agile 1976 Rhodes 22
Kingston Ontario