[Rhodes22-list] The list has been very quiet

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Fri Jan 19 12:13:59 EST 2018

Thanks MIke
I hope to have the re-built trailer ready for spring launch.
The extension tube was rusted severely.
It was an engineering challenge to get it free from the housing, and I was considering replacing it - with your comments on record, that’s on the list now too.
Another item I’ve been wonting to replace, but haven’t gotten around to, is the motor lift.
The original '84 lift does not extend high enough to pull the prop clear of the water and I have to tilt the motor to its max position while underway and I’m often alone.
I’m still pretty agile, but that’s not easy.
I want a manual  lift of Stan’s design the accommodates my extra long shaft 8HP.   (I don’t like the electric ones I’ve seen)
I  spoke to Stan a couple years ago. For reasons never clear to me,  he was reluctant to sell me one or the parts, unless the boat was down there.
I also want to re-configure the stern rail so there is break in the top rail where the ladder lifts.
Climbing aboard from the beach, over the top of the rail, especially with the new traveller in the way, requires gymnastics that my wife refuses to to accept.
I really like Stan’s modern design with the curved rail and seats, but do’t want to spend the money on an entirely new stern rail.
Do you know anyone near the east end that could help with that?   A traveling TIG welder?

I’ll send some pics of the trailer when it’s  done.
Ric
s/v Dadventure

Richard Stott
www.stottarchitecture.com