[Rhodes22-list] 07-13 Rhodes in the Med

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:37:41 EDT 2018

So, the voyage has begun.  We sailed our first day north and east for 20
miles or so to the marina at Blanes on the Costa Brava.  For a brief view
of the trip and what we saw I've included a link to a PDF on Google Docs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uj9ctO2fweJOtaUJD8US47i6Wl7SHgs6/view?usp=sharing

 Hope everyone can make it work, if not you can email me directly at:
chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com.  and I'll share it with youl

On a side note the biggest hold up was the insurance.  As I mentioned
before the only company I could find that would insure a U.S. flagged boat
in the Med wanted $830 plus a haul out and survey, this for only liability
coverage.  The world over here seems to run on someone who knows someone.
Indeed that is what happened and I am now covered for 1,000,000 euros
liability for the staggering sum of 120 bucks.  So I am now legitimate and
do not have to risk using my very good "creatively photo shopped"
documents.

Looks like a strong storm on the way Sunday pm and Monday. so we will
hunker down at a marina up the coast called Rosas.  Should be there before
the storm arrives.

Chris Geankoplis
S/V Enosis