[Rhodes22-list] Sailing the Med (almost)

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 15:29:19 EDT 2018

Well everything is ready for the big day.  Probably Tuesday.  Don't know if
I am renting a van and towing it myself or if a tilt bed truck will take it
down to the marina.  Raised and lowered the mast without the
block-omatic-plate-o--fantastic-plastic coming off, this time.  Mast is
totally rigged and ready to go with set up for trailering.  Did spend some
time repairing the damage the boat suffered to the rub rail, it came out
OK.  Check back at Bob's picture of his trailer. that shows the damage..
Attached is a picture of Enosis ready to go with the repair done and all
cleaned up.  The paint job is 9 years old and is just now starting to fail.

I have a solution for the U.S. flag/insurance problem.  Isn't money great.
Seems you can fix anything with enough of it.  As a last resort: I can get
my own corporation in England.  Transfer title to my corporation then have
the boat flagged with a Dutch flag .  Now I can get local insurance. Ta Da
!  All for 650 euros ($765) .  Oh, I still will need to buy the insurance
which isn't much, about 250 bucks.  Still well worth it!  Especially when I
get in the water.

Chris Geankoplis
Enosis