[Rhodes22-list] Changes at Dwyer

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Mar 13 17:28:58 EDT 2018

As many of you are aware, much of the standing rigging on our Rhodes 22’s is sourced from the Dwyer Aluminum Mast Company (www.dwyermast.com <http://www.dwyermast.com/>).  I’m pretty sure they manufacture the IMF mast for GB, but as Stan has pointed out on this list in the past, he owns the die used for the process, not them.  The relationship between GB and Dwyer probably dates back to when Stan’s operation was on Long Island, since Dwyer was conveniently located in North Branford, CT, not too far away.

I say was because I just became aware that Dwyer has undergone a change in ownership, and is currently in the process of moving the operation to Bristol, RI.

I have no idea what impact, if any, this change will have on the Rhodes 22 community.  My fear is that whatever institutional knowledge that may have existed at Dwyer concerning the Rhodes 22 will be diminished, or lost altogether.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)