[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Size

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Mar 15 11:33:53 EDT 2018

Cary,

I consider my Bimini to be a piece of essential equipment on my boat, so I think you’re on the right track to consider one for yours.

At the moment, my Bimini is in a canvas shop getting new fabric installed, and my boat is under about 8” of fresh snow, so I can’t measure anything for you, but then I’m also not sure what measurement you’re looking for.

When my Bimini is unfolded, the boom just barely clears it.  (I have the IMF mast/boom.)  In fact sometimes if I’m close hauled in light winds, I ‘ll put some tension on the topping lift just to keep the boom clear of the Bimini.

As for second question, my Bimini does not have any sections of telescoping tubing.  It’s made of three fixed length U shaped tubes which pivot, allowing it to be folded up and moved forward or aft when not deployed.  The longest U shaped tube connects to the boat forward of the winches, the two shorter tubes connect to the longest tube.

Disconnecting the Bimini only requires removing two short bolts.  I only do this for winter storage.

HTH

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)