[Rhodes22-list] Question for the Day

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:23:51 EDT 2018

I just replaced my new IMF sail from Stan. The groove in the furler seemed
to go in a certain direction (clockwise). So that is the way I rolled the
said. sail. It seemed to be much more resistance going against the grain
Need feedback on this, PLEASE.
Second question: which direction do I wrap the line on the furler?
Clockwise/Counter Clockwise?????

I need to get this part correct before I launch and raise the mast. All
help and information will be greatly appreciated. I do realize this is
something a Rhodes 22 owner only does every 15 or so years.

Hey Stan, the new sail  looks to be about 6 inches longer than the old sail
I replaced. The old sail had a leader about that long on the top of the
sail. The new sail fit perfectly to the existing hardware. With a new
mainsail can I pick up 1/2 knot speed? LOL

Thanks!

Cary Tolbert
S/V Whisper '86
Radford, VA