[Rhodes22-list] Question for the Day

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Wed May 30 20:04:28 EDT 2018

The speed question is above my pay grade.  But questions on easy sailing
are easy for me.  When you can, have the boom slightly to starboard as
you furl and and unfurl your IMF Sally Sail main since, if mounted on
the furling tub in the intended rotational position, it will come out
cleaner (minimum resistance) through the IMF mast slot which, in races
that start with the main not hoisted, will probably get you the extra
1/2 knot you are looking for.