[Rhodes22-list] One for The Gipper, aka Stan

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 11:52:50 EST 2018

Golly, I love this group...LOL
elle...former proud owner of and missing my Little Red.....(sob!)

    On Monday, November 12, 2018 1:05 PM, Joe Camp via Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> wrote:

 Stan:  Enjoy this. ttfn.
OK my many Rhodie  Associates (and anyone who wants into such a fraternity):
     As you may remember, or perhaps don't, I have arrived at the painful crossroads in my otherwise pretty dammed good life where it is no longer practical (or safe)  to assume that I can be the sailor that once I was or thought I once was or advertised myself to be; so, I painful as it is, I want to sell my 1987 (recycled in 2010) R-22.  Go back on the list for the details, but the bottom line is (and I really hate that cliche) most of the equipment is included in the sale.  This includes a new sail. This is linguistic device is called a homonym.  It appears here as a clever marketing ploy. Maybe, it just shows that I paid some attention in 6th grade.  We had synonyms in the same lesson, by the way.  And it helps that I am an English Professor now.
     Anyway, I had two prospective clients look at her.  Neither proved a good match, and the
s/v John Dawson is now next to my garage... in the way.  I originally wanted 8K and hinted at 7.5K.  Now, I am solidly parked (like the s/v John Dawson) at 7K.  Even if you are adamant, I won't take a penny more.

     Hey Chris, I have come down to your "more comfortable with" price.  We can say that I did this just for you.  As a fellow artist (though different genres) I always felt a certain affinity with you. And I will feel better selling her to an actual Rhodie. Of course, we (Rhodies) are made, not born, but your demonstrated love of the R-22 gives you a "leg-up," as they say in the world of hoisting things or hoisting one's self to a preferred place.
     So, all of that said (to Stan's delight, or hopefully so, at least from a rhetorical perspective) somebody please piss of Stan and buy this thing.
Joe Camp