[Rhodes22-list] Anyone know what this part is?

Olivier Hecht oehecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 23:21:44 EDT 2018

Drilling holes from the outside and using longer screws worked today
without disassembling the mast. Good since we ended up sailing 33 miles in
7 hours right after the fix!  Some asked what held the sail in place
without that piece...the foot of the sail actually catches in the slot so
it doesn’t all collapse, but that’s definitely not good for the sail!
Thanks for the help...the pictures and videos allowed me to buy the
hardware and bring the right tools to fix the boat.