[Rhodes22-list] highest comfortable wind speed

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Sep 4 09:10:31 EDT 2018

Stan,

Thanks for sharing your comments.  They are always appreciated.

Some of us actually remember why there are two cleats on the transom.  On my original Rhodes 22, delivered by you in March 1981, one cleat was for the backstay adjuster and the second adjusted the "traveler" which was nothing more than cotton line and a block attached to the main, between the two backstays.  Somehow, we were able to sail the rig, although not nearly as well as my '91 with the much improved traveler.

Now you know the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY