[Rhodes22-list] Where is the bilge?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Apr 2 09:21:15 EDT 2019

Let me count the ways:
1) condensation
2) leaks around ports
3) leaks in the cockpit drain hoses (water can flow from the lazarette
forward to the bilge)
4) leak at the centerboard cap
5) deck leaks (some piece of hardware needs rebedding.)
6) rub rail/hull joint (if it happens when sailing heeled)
7) others I haven't thought of

Our usual culprits were the ports and the deck hardware.

It's a slow process of elimination but a Rhodes 22 can have a dry bilge.

Best of luck

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246  Tara