[Rhodes22-list] adjusting forestay tension with GB jib furler

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Aug 6 21:24:52 EDT 2019

Jessie,

You use the backstay adjuster to set the tension in the forestay.  When trying to point to windward, you tighten the backstay until there is minimal sag in the forestay.  When sailing downwind, you want some forestay sag ( think parachute! ).  So, you let off on the backstay adjuster.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilbrium

Sent from my iPhone