[Rhodes22-list] Vang bail

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 23:00:14 EDT 2019

I bought a Vang this spring on sale.  I wanted to through bolt a bail to the
boom and get a couple short straps with eyes to hook to the bolt on the mast
step, so I could mount a vang when the top was down , or just tuck the
straps under the mast and leave the Vang in the drawer as desired.    I
think somebody did something similar in the archives.   I have been
hesitant, mostly because I didn’t want to stress the gooseneck and lack the
engineering to know the consequences.    I short tack too much to rig a
preventer style line with a fuse.  If nothing else the Vang is one of the
few original parts on my alternate boat, therefore overdue to break.    I
know it wasn’t money wasted.

APS decided nautical fashion is more lucrative then sailing.  I just looked
at their 25% off everything sale and began to think again.    Does anybody
have feedback?    What is the diameter of the boom extrusion?

Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark