[Rhodes22-list] A Special Full Moon

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 12:11:10 EST 2019

Since you mentioned bottom job, I'm curious if you (or anyone on the list)
have had to sand down the original bottom paint from before and apply a
sealer before reapplying bottom paint.

I was able to secure a slip next year so bottom paint has become a
consideration for me.  Fortunately my boat already has the bottom paint from
GB (it's the orange ablative) in fair condition since it hasn't ever sat in
the water for an extended period: it has always been on a trailer or on a
lift.

The owner of the local sailboat shop took a look at my boat and he mentioned
that it did not appear there was sealer under the bottom paint.  He
mentioned that if blisters show up when I haul it out next year, then it
would be best to sand off the bottom paint and apply sealer and then bottom
paint on top of that.  Just curious if any one else has had to go back and
apply sealer before applying more bottom paint.  Thanks for any insight on
this.