[Rhodes22-list] Protective Tie-Down Pads For Trailering Straps

ROGER PIHLAJA Roger_Pihlaja at msn.com
Mon Dec 16 11:35:49 EST 2019

Hi All,

This thread was from at least a week ago and I apologize for the delay in finding the information.  The attached file shows a product designed to prevent chafing damage to the hull and tie-down straps while you are trailering.  The pads are made of a very soft durometer PVC rubber that is designed to slip onto the tie-down strap.  Once installed, the pad can be slid along the strap to wherever it needs to go.  The soft rubber pad goes between the strap and the part of the hull or trailer you want to protect.  I use two of these pads on each of the stern tie down straps on my trailer.  My pads have many years and many miles of use and they don’t seem to be suffering any signs UV damage like cracking or embrittlement.  More important, the pads have completely eliminated any chafing damage on the hull from trailering.  I found these at Overton’s; but, I’ve seen them at other venders and in other sizes as well.

Vender: Overton’s
(800) 334-6541
www.Overtons.com<http://www.Overtons.com>

Protective Tie-Down Pads – Pair