[Rhodes22-list] R22 capsize in Force 10

stan stan at generalboats.com
Thu Dec 19 12:07:35 EST 2019

Force 10.  That is 55 mph, and up, winds with giant waves.  I guess we
will have to lower any claims to 50 mph winds.

I have spent most off my sailing days on the Great South Bay.  It is so
shallow it is impossible to lose anything. And although on the ocean
side of Long Island, there never was anything close to a force 10 storm
in my day.  Global warming?

We did list once in the middle of the night when low tide had the family
sleeping stacked up on top of each other.