[Rhodes22-list] Electric Motor

Jose Faraldo-Gomez jose.faraldo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 19:23:19 EST 2019

Hello Charles

We’ve had a Torqueedo Cruise 4.0R for a few years and in terms of power I can’t tell it apart from the (admittedly rather old) Yamaha T9.9 we had before. This particular Torqueedo motor is advertised as equivalent to 8 HP, so this seems accurate. If you get by with a Honda 5 HP, one of the Cruise 2.0 models (either with remote throttle or with tiller) would likely be the equivalent.

Jose

s/v Steady State
Rose Haven, MD