[Rhodes22-list] R22 capsize in Force 10

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Tue Dec 31 13:17:48 EST 2019

Rick,

 The strange thing about this anomoly if I can call it that was there was NO
squall!  This was simply a
freak strong wind not just a gust. It kept blowing hard even after I was
into the wind with the sail down and motoring east into it.  We didn't even
get many clouds.  Considering that we usually got the On Shore Winds around
this time from the SE or SW, this could've been the same winds from a very
unusual direction.

I miss my boat but
just had my right knee replaced last Oct24. Still in recovery mode
may have to forgo sailing one more year.bummer!

fair winds
Lou