[Rhodes22-list] Where to find parts?

Alexis Seigneurin alexis.seigneurin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:31:52 EST 2019

Thanks all for your replies and suggestions.

Just to confirm, the water on the ceiling of the v-berth *is* condensation:
water leaks into the triangular tray/bucket, accumulates there, then
temperature changes make the water condensate on the ceiling (boat is in
Deltaville, and Sunday was a warm day, but night was cold). Water is
localized in the v-berth, thus eliminating the bilge as a source of water,
and doesn't condensate on areas where the deck is thicker (see the picture
I had attached in my first email).

The reason why I am looking at replacing the hatch rather than just
re-sealing it is because the plastic is brittle and is cracked around 2 of
the screws.

The sealant that was used is silicone. Not very durable, so I'm not
surprised it has to be re-sealed. The plywood core had not been protected
when installing this hatch, though, so it is wet. It if not soft, though,
so my hope is I can get it to dry before sealing it with epoxy and
installing a new hatch.

I like the idea of the Nicro vent as I am thinking of keeping the anchor in
the lazarette. Thanks Mary Lou for the suggestion.

Alexis