[Rhodes22-list] Towing with a Toyota Tacoma?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jan 17 21:48:38 EST 2019

We towed our R22 with a Nissan Frontier. Similar specs to the Tacoma (at
least back in 2008 when we bought it.) It towed the R22 easily (much
better than the Chev Blazer it replaced though that was adequate.) We
are still using the same truck to pull a somewhat heavier travel
trailer. It's got close to 120,000 miles on it - many of those miles
towing. Hope to get a few more. The R22 was quite aerodynamic compared
to the travel trailer which is more like towing a wall. That said we've
towed somewhat slowly in the eastern mountains and have always been glad
for truck lanes on the long uphill grades.

Mary Lou
ex R22
now Rosborough RF-246  Tara (which is towable but we don't)