[Rhodes22-list] GB roller furling jib

Robert Allen rca02536 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 17:43:38 EDT 2019

I have a GB roller furling jib system that has issues.

Issue 1:  The furling tube is attached to the forestay by plastic sections connected by #8 x7/8” stainless steel screws.  (#8 is an est).  The screws are backing out, allowing the jib to slip out of the track.  I am going to replace the screws. For anyone with experience with this, would it be best to replace existing screws with like new screws, replace the screws with the same size, but 1” long, or replace screws with the next larger size and he same 7/8” length.

Issue 2:  When setting the jib, the fork which guides the furling line out of the line guard  (lower cylinder around which the line wraps) tries to wrap around the line guard thereby making setting or furling the  jib virtually impossible unless you head up to the bow and manually unwrap the line and fork.  Any ideas?

Bob Allen

S/V air force
Falmouth, MA