[Rhodes22-list] Adding wraps to IMF with mast up

Donald Simons borderfolle at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 12:05:33 EDT 2019

 Jerry,
I have dealt with this before.  If you need another wrap or two on the furling drum, I found that it can be done with the mast up.
I taped a string to the end of the furling line and pulled it out of the boom through the hole in the forward end of the boom.  Disconnect the string.  It will be used for pulling the furling line back thru the boom.  I used a bendable piece of wire to fish the tail of the furling line around the drum a turn or two.  A pair of needle-nose pliers can help too.  Then re-attach the string and pull it out the aft hole in the boom.  A piece of wire that will hold a bend and some patience are the keys to doing this.
I hope this helps.
Don,  Ithaca, NY