[Rhodes22-list] boom hitting back stays

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Jul 28 23:53:56 EDT 2019

Jessie,

My guess is your mast is reclined too far aft.  The forestay needs to be shorter.  There should be a turnbuckle under the roller furling drum.  The upper and lower sidestays will need to be adjusted as well.  Check your owner’s manual for instructions on setting up the standing rigging.  Besides not having the boom hit the backstays, you will also benefit from less weather helm after you make this adjustment.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilbrium

Sent from my iPhone