[Rhodes22-list] boom hitting back stays

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jul 31 09:49:38 EDT 2019

Looking at old pics of Fretless, I would say Jesse's boom is right side
up. The aft fittings are the same. However, I would agree with what
Linda said earlier to start with losing the big carabiner and perhaps
bending the tang on the aft end a bit. It may also be that the tang
itself is upside down. Our topping lift was always just knotted to the
tang and we just loosened it and let it flop when sailing. Never had a
problem with it hitting the stays unless we let the boom rise or forgot
to loosen the topping lift.

Mary Lou
ex-R22
now Rosborough RF-246