[Rhodes22-list] Mast Horseshoe

Ed McNamara edmc18 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 14:14:01 EDT 2019

The horseshoe ring you refer to is a bale used in conjunction with the mast
lowering/ raising system. I happen to have my boat, Scholar, in the
driveway while I do some cleanup on it so I'm using the system. The photo's
a bit muddied due to the furler laying atop the line that runs from the
bale to a similar bale on the short mast and winch that are the heart of
the system.

Ed McNamara
88/01 "Scholar"