[Rhodes22-list] Rose Spitzer 1922 - 2019

C Gabriel 4cgabriel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:11:10 EDT 2019

Dear Friends of General Boats,

I have been struggling in my mind to compose this note for a week,
searching for the right words and right tone to convey the message.  It is
with the deepest sadness that General Boats announces the passing of Stan
Spitzer’s beloved wife Rose Spitzer.

Rose was born June 1, 1922.  Stan and Rose married June 4, 1949 and
celebrated their 70th Anniversary and her 97th Birthday earlier this month.
Stan conveyed that she kissed him sweetly each night and it is unfathomable
that she is not sitting beside him now.  The family has not
publicly announced any arrangements.

Stan urges me with the strongest admonition that he does not want to
receive phone calls, emails, letters, or cards from anyone. Anyone. He says
he would feel obligated to respond to you and cannot bear to do so at this
time.  Each person and each family grieves differently, and differently
over time.  Please honor Stan’s wish not to discuss her passing with him at
this time. Should he be in the mood to discuss Rose with you, he says he
will reach out to you in the future.  Stan notes that with each poignant
mention of her name he is stricken by grief, again and again.  He firmly
requests that you do not contact him at this time to mention your
condolences.  When asked what came next Stan said, “I have work to do.”

To honor Stan’s wishes perhaps you could silently acknowledge her passing
by the light of the moon.  Rose died peacefully at rest on the afternoon of
June 17, 2019, during the peak of June’s Full Moon.  This moon is known as
the Strawberry Moon here in the US but it is well known throughout the
world as the Rose Moon.  I like to think that with each Full Moon Rose will
be shining brightly and forever on Stan and their children and family, and
of course their extended family of working colleagues and employees at
General Boats, and all their friends who own, or have owned, or will own a
Rhodes 22.

Cecilia