[Rhodes22-list] shipping R22 loaded on a trailer, on a flatbed

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Jun 24 21:22:03 EDT 2019

Well, the boat is 22’ long stem to stern, but there’s the outboard, and the rudder, and some of the mast that going to be aft of the stern.  In addition, you’ve got a fair bit of the trailer that’s forward of the bow of the boat.  I’d guess the whole package is around 30’, maybe a bit more.

But, I’m pretty sure the distance from the trailer hitch to the wheels is less than 22’.  So the trailer would fit on a 22’ flatbed.  The boat would overhang.  Does that matter?  Maybe for balance.  Most of the boat & trailer weight would be on the wheels of the boat trailer.  Where would these be in relation to the wheels of the flatbed?

Anyway, for reasons beyond my control, my boat and trailer (Triad dual axel) are currently in my driveway.  I could take measurements in the morning if that would be helpful.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)