[Rhodes22-list] shipping R22 loaded on a trailer, on a flatbed

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Jun 25 10:41:25 EDT 2019

Jesse,

My trailer is a 2016 Triad dual axle.  All of the following measurements are, of course, approximate.

The distance from the trailer's hitch to the stern of the boat is about 25’.
My outboard extends about 2 1/2’ from the stern.
If the rudder is pulled up, it sticks out a bit over 4’ from the stern, but I wouldn’t think you would need to travel with it up.

From the hitch to just behind the trailer’s rear tires is 18’.

As for height, without the mast crutch, the highest thing on the boat is the bow pulpit.  With the trailer jack as short as it can be made to go, the highest point of my bow pulpit is 8 1/2’ from the ground.  Total height would depend a bit on the orientation of the mast.

If you need anything else, let me know.

—Peter