[Rhodes22-list] Crack in Transom

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Thu Jun 27 23:48:41 EDT 2019

Jim:
My boat is a 1876 and only has a standard motor mount but even it has a plywood core glassed onto the inside of the transom where the motor mount is installed and in other areas where stress is applied.
Unless I misunderstood, I would want to make sure that any flex is removed from the transom through reinforcement on the inside. Once that is done the crack can be fixed through the application of a couple of layers of glass and gel coat repair.

Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile 1976 Rhodes 22
Kingston Ontario