[Rhodes22-list] Buy My Boat

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 14:18:21 EDT 2019

 Jessie:
     Sorry, but I am in suburban Philadelphia.  That's a long ride.
Joe

    On Friday, June 28, 2019, 11:30:27 AM EDT, <jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Joe, there's another R22 that I am closing to buying, but I haven't cut the check yet.  I'd like to talk to you about yours ASAP.  Where are you located?  Can you give me a call on my cell at 402-203-2509  or let me know what number to call you?

My email is JESSE.LATEN.SHUMAKER at GMAIL.COM

Thanks,
Jesse Shumaker
Omaha, Nebraska

<quote author='Rhodes 22 mailing list'>
Rhodies:
     Buy my boat.  I had several agreements with Chris Cowie to sell the
boat to him, but he has done little more than given me reasons to make me
hate him and his business practices. So, if you respond with a desire to
buy, do so with a commitment and intent.  Here's a brief sales pitch:
1987 Rhodes 22 reconditioned at General Boats in 2010. It comes with a
galvanized Triad trailer and a brand new Doyle mainsail (IMF). There are
some cosmetic issues on the hull, but she is sound,  Also included is a 6 hp
Tohatsu outboard with gas tank and clever device that allows the captain to
shift from the cockpit.  Boat has the improved GB traveler, and it makes a
difference in sailing in light winds or better pointing. That alone is near
$2,000 in value.  I am throwing in every item of equipment needed for a safe
and satisfying sail: PFDs, fenders, boat hook, portable marine radio, hand
pump, two anchors with rodes, 15 and 25 ft. docking lines.

I want $7,000 for the boat, trailer, motor and all equipment.  And you can
add 10%, paid to Stan, for new boat status in his eyes.  If you are serious,
I will send pictures. Help a Rhodie who can no longer sail to honor his love
of the sport, the boat and the man who made it.  Thanks.
Joe Camps/v John Dawson

</quote>
Quoted from:
http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/Buy-My-Boat-tp55509.html