[Rhodes22-list] storm clouds

stan stan at generalboats.com
Wed May 29 14:05:04 EDT 2019

Thanks for all the on & off line, thoughtful responses.   I will reply
to each in future emails as several are based on misinformation.   This
"brief" focuses on Rhodes owners' "Self Interests".  The point being
made herein is simple, factual and indisputable:

The high value of your Rhodes is attributable to its historic 50 year
run and to its continuing status as a boat in production.  The multiple
reasons for your Rhodes outstanding value are powerful, extending all
the way to your selling of your boat to a buyer who is financing; the
purchase cost is lower but not at your expense. Lenders' rates are more
attractive for boats in production.   Add to this:  Ongoing promoting of
the Rhodes (boat shows, magazine, even book reviews).  Add to this
ongoing innovations that keep the Rhodes the freshest of its competition
in its sail and trail category.  Add to this marketing innovations: The
introduction of recycled Rhodes, Rhodes that are reborn with the latest
in new designs that enhance performance and come with new boat
guarantees for peace of mind.  Other marketing innovations, like the GB
Sweat Equity program, all broaden the market for your Rhodes 22 while
giants like Catalina no longer even bring their 22s to boat show, this
two tier economy so drastically having demoted sales of low end
sailboats to second class citizens.

Take away the cash flow that makes the above work for you and you take
away the Rhodes remaining a boat in production.  We will fight like
crazy to preserve your self interests; we ask you to support these efforts.

Stating immediately:  A Rhodes purchased from an unauthorized Rhodes
outlet that buys back General Boat's built Rhodes 22 sailboats, puts
them through their own restoration process and then puts them back on
the market, will be considered by General Boats as a boat no longer in
existence.

Further, with advice and consent of the Rhodes community, our board of
directors, GB will franchise properly equipped local boat companies to
Recycle and market used Rhodes with new boat guarantees. (I think 5 such
local franchises in the Washington and Annapolis areas would be a good
starting goal.)

And much more as may be required for maintaining the best interests of
Rhodes buyers and owners.

stan