[Rhodes22-list] Installing a Windex

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 22:38:05 EDT 2019

Since I have the mast down for the winter, I used the opportunity to install
a 15" Davis Windex.  I installed it towards the end of the mast crane since
I have a VHF antenna at the top of the mast.  Based on the recommendation of
the local sailboat shop, I got a piece 2x2" aluminum angle and cut it down
to a small section, drilled a hole on top for the base of the Windex and
then riveted it to the side of the mast crane.  There is a few inches of
clearance between the front of the Windex and the antenna.  I didn't see any
posts dealing with this particular setup, so here are a few photos in case
others might find this helpful.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/20191102_144241.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/20191102_144214.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/20191102_144149.jpg>