[Rhodes22-list] Installing a Windex

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sun Nov 3 17:25:24 EST 2019

I bought a similar looking windex this past spring.  It’s likely the same model.

I had intended to remove it for the trip to the marina, but then forgot.  The trip is about an hour, with about a quarter of that on limited access highways.  When I got to the boat ramp, the windex was no worse for the wear.  It continued to work all summer.  When I brought the boat back home a few weeks ago, I again left the windex attached to the top of the mast, and again it appears to have survived the trip undamaged.

So, it appears these units can survive a highway trip, but if you can remove yours without much trouble, that would seem to be the prudent thing to do.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)