[Rhodes22-list] Who Can Join The List?

Art Czerwonky a_czerwonky at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 13:20:35 EST 2019

Todd,
I will briefly expand on the issue at hand.  You and I did and do agree on the "certificate" matter.  I have never found a similar practice with any other boat manufacturer and imagine it to be a voluntary contribution of appreciation to Stan.  I doubt much further purpose to most of us in the fleet.  One new potential fleet member was incensed that he was badgered over a 10% fee or surcharge for what he felt he did not want or need.  Totally unacceptable in my view.
I paid commissions to GB for their blessing on my boom room starting in 2007. I ended this agreement for cause in 2008 and an ego was bruised.  The subsequent venting lasted a few years.
The good supportive relationship within this fleet should not be spoiled with petty money issues.  If a skipper thinks he would need to use a "certificate" to good and valuable atvantage do it, if not, don't.
The best news is that we skippers stick together throughout.  In many years ahead I hope the fleet continues with this strength.
Best,Art

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM, Todd Tavares<tavares0947 at gmail.com> wrote:   When the Certificate of Support program was started at GB, many of the
original list members publicly voiced the sentiment that if you sold a boat
on the list you should kick up 5% to the capo. A couple times people were
list shamed for posting in competition to the Rhodes corral used boats on
the GB website and not wanting to pay Stan for the privilege. So then
several owners, who had not purchased their boat from Stan offered to pay
the 5% (then 10%) for the C of S to sell on the list...assumingly (but
quite obviously) to avoid negative comments, if not to also entice buyers.

But no, selling a used Rhodes 22 on the list has to my knowledge never been
prohibited by policy statement. List members have however, repeatedly
commented negatively toward those who compete against Stan for business or
profit on the list, whether selling their boat or making and selling
replacement parts or accessories. Art had a run in years ago with GB over
boom rooms, and recently Chris did too over his new business venture. Even
I ganged up on Chris. I alologize Chris.

Todd T.