[Rhodes22-list] Replacement of winch for motor lift

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 21:34:57 EST 2019

As I mentioned before, the winch came with a couple of remotes in addition to
the wired switch.  I will keep one of the remotes stowed safely in the cabin
as a backup.  However, I wanted to make another remote easily accessible for
use.  I decided to apply velcro with adhesive back to the inside of the
coaming storage in a few key spots (see the green rectangles that depict the
placement in the marked up photo), and the back of the remote.  I also
mounted a retractable key fob and attached that to the remote.  The key fob
got the full Gorilla treatment for mounting inside the coaming storage:
first Gorilla glue and then Gorilla tape on top of that.  Nothing fancy, but
it's all tucked away out of sight anyway.  I plan to store the remote on the
the upper middle velcro position since that is out of the elements and
hopefully high enough to be away from splashes.  I'm passing this along in
case anyone else lives in fear of losing their motor winch remote.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/winch1back.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/winch2mount.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/winch3gorilla.jpg>
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t907/winch4velcro.jpg>