[Rhodes22-list] Trailering With/Without The Mast Crutch?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Nov 26 21:48:38 EST 2019

As I recall, Roger does not have an IMF mast.  By all accounts, the non-IMF mast is much more flexible.

I do have the IMF mast and I’ve never noticed it flexing or vibrating either, but then I can’t see it very well while I’m towing.  When I picked up my boat at the GB plant, the guys instructed me to run a line from the lowered mast down to the mast base (tabernacle).  With just a bit of tension, this should minimize any flexing of the mast while towing.  This may be in the written instructions as well, I can’t recall for sure.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)