[Rhodes22-list] Replacing Centerboard Gasket

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 1 00:17:38 EDT 2019

Rick:

I am wondering whether you had the compression tubes installed on your centerboard. They might have prevented or reduced the damage to your cap. The tubes consist of a length of garden hose (about 6") that sit vertically in the channel above the centerboard pin. When the centerboard is pushed up they absorb the shock. It is easy to forget to install them.

Graham Stewart
Agile 1976 Rhodes 22
Kingston Ontario