[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 advice sought

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Oct 8 16:50:01 EDT 2019

Charlie,

Chris G. has already answered your question in the affirmative with more authority than I could ever possess, but let me assure you that coastal cruising can be done on a Rhodes 22 by people with much less experience than Chris has.

I bought my recycled Rhodes from General Boats in 2016.  I had done some sailing with my family as a teenager in the 1960’s, but nothing much since. I started doing multi-day cruises right away, and by this point what I mostly do is week-long excursions.  I keep the boat on a mooring in Groton, CT, and my cruises have taken me to ports from Port Jefferson, NY to Nantucket.

 I’ve documented many of my trips, as well as a variety of boat projects on a YouTube channel.  If you’re interested, you should be able to find it by searching YouTube for ’s/v Silverheels’.

Good luck on your adventure, whatever path you choose.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)