[Rhodes22-list] Battery for 2000 Rhodes22?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Wed Oct 16 10:40:52 EDT 2019

Bob,

When my boat was recycled in 2016, Stan put 2 Group 27 deep cycle batteries into it. (The “group” of a battery indicates it’s approximate physical dimensions.) Most likely he did the same for you.

If you just take your current batteries to the AutoZone, they should be able to supply you with matching replacements, plus they’ll take the old batteries off your hands.

There’s only two things I can think to watch out for: make sure the new batteries are deep cycle, not standard car batteries (it should say ‘deep cycle’ on the label, and make sure they have threaded stud connections, not just clamp-on auto style posts.

Let us know how things worked out.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)