[Rhodes22-list] Deploying And Retrieving Anchor from Cockpit

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 15:37:12 EDT 2019

When you pull up the anchor from anywhere but the bow, regardless of where
the bitter end of the rode is attached, you will swing the boat abeam of
the waves.  This is an all too common cause of swamping and even capsizing
the boat.

If you raise or lower the anchor from anywhere other than the security of
sitting in the bow pulpit, you risk being pulled overboard.

Regards,

Rick Lange