[Rhodes22-list] ANOTHER first sail on my R22

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Mon Oct 21 12:46:52 EDT 2019

Hi Stephen,

It's great to have another R22 owner close by! I belong to Savin Hill YC in
Dorchester and that's where my mooring is located. SHYC is fortunate to
have a yard where I can store the boat over the winter. Unfortunately I'll
be paying storage for two boats until I sell my 30' Nimble yawl.

My boat is currently in the water although I really hope to haul it out
this weekend. Engine troubles have caused some delays, but I hope to
install a new starter relay and carburetor this week. I've made a few short
sails between the SHYC docks and my mooring. For me it's a little like
sailing a dinghy again! That's a good thing.

I'm sure I'll be in touch. It would be great to take a look at your boat to
compare.

Thanks again,

Mark Whipple
S/V Tiny Dancer