[Rhodes22-list] New Traveler and Outhaul...do I have it set up correctly

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Wed Oct 23 21:10:53 EDT 2019

Both the traveler and the outhaul car look OK to me.

There’s been an interesting change in the design of the connection between the outhaul car and the clew of the main.  Mine dates all the way back to 2016.  It had a thin piece of metal attached to the car, which was then attached to the sail with a shackle.  The thin piece of metal broke this year.  The arrangement in your picture looks more robust.  I guess Stan never stops improving his designs.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)