[Rhodes22-list] getting ready for winter

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Oct 29 18:32:46 EDT 2019

Put a gallon of potable antifreeze into the water tank.  Then run the tap until the tank runs dry again.  This will purge all the remaining water from the pump, lines, and sink fixtures.

The previous post re how to winterize the head and holding tank is correct.

S/V Dynamic Equilbrium has a manual water pump, so I can’t help you with the water pump not shutting off.  One thing to check, is the water pump controlled by a switch that has 3 positions: Manual/Off/Auto?  You may have it in the Manual on position.  Other than that, it sounds like you have a faulty flow switch.  But, I haven’t got a clue where that might be located.  I would start looking at the pump itself for the flow switch.

I just put S/V Dynamic Equilbrium into winter storage last week, pulled my swim platform out of the water over the weekend, and winterized my RIB yesterday.  Summer is well and truly over.  Snow is forecast for Thursday.  Sigh!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilbrium

Sent from my iPhone