[Rhodes22-list] Motor tiller link Geometry

stan stan at generalboats.com
Tue Sep 3 19:02:06 EDT 2019

the number of variables is infinite and their combinations keep changing
from folks who make the boat, how the rudder is mounted on the boat and
even any variations of the rudder head itself; all the way over to the
motor itself which mfgs. change at a much faster rate than any boat
builder (we did not mention any variations in the motor bracket) so we
have not shot for perfection (after all it is a sailboat and motors are
just incidental) and only tackle this option in the plant to mostly get
it to work right in reverse, which is its big number.  With all its
faults it still seems to be better than nothing even without the perfect
alignment of the figures.  You just have to remember to have your
sailboat rudder blade fully lowered less you damage the motor's prop.

stan