[Rhodes22-list] Sail removal

Robert Allen rca02536 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:29:56 EDT 2019

Hi all,

     Well, Summer is almost over and time for securing the boat is almost upon me.  Need to remove the sails for some repair and cleaning.  Been reviewing the archives regarding sail removal, and still have a couple of questions for those who have done it.

Mainsail:  it appears that after disconnecting the boom, the IMF assembly simply pulls out of the mast.  How is the sail removed from the furling tube? (I know it may be obvious once I have the sail out, but i’m not to that point yet).  any instructions/pointers/hints/etc, is much appreciated. along with tips for reinstalling the IMF assembly.

Headsail:  I have the GB furling system and will probably be replacing it with CDI, so I suppose it doesn’t matter what I do with the jib halyard attached to the GB furling tube.  With that in mind, any info on headsail removal and CDI installation would also be appreciated.  If you’re coming to annapolis for the boat show, we can discuss both procedures,

Thanks all,

Bob Allen
s/v air force
East Falmouth, MA