[Rhodes22-list] First sail on my Rhodes22

daysails at aol.com daysails at aol.com
Sun Sep 22 08:21:57 EDT 2019

Hi George,
Welcome to the early rise in the learning curve!  My first time using the connector I left the motor Handel in a position where it pressed against the side of the lift preventing me from making a similar critical turn.
Two suggestions that helped me,  make a checklist of things that need to be done before leaving the dock and returning,  they will soon become second nature.  Practice just motoring into and out of the dock.  There are a lot of skills like turning the boat in a 360 degree circle in a narrow waterway using forward and reverse that are not “sailing” skills.  It will all become mastered with hands on experience and a lot of enjoyable reading.  Congratulations on your inaugural sail on Knotty Lady captain!
Joe Riley s/v Second Wind lake Hartwell SC.